Zerbaxa 2015 report
Zerbaxa 2015 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2016 • 29 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Zerbaxa through personal promotion in 2015 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Intra-Abdominal Infection, Severe Infection, and Urinary Tract Infection markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Merck’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, General Surgery, Critical Care Medicine, Family Medicine, and Pulmonology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Zerbaxa throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers/consultants for Zerbaxa in 2015?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 30 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 800,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 9,400 paid interactions across 5,000 physicians made on behalf of Zerbaxa were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 10 peer products (e.g. Avycaz, Cubicin, Dalvance, Invanz, Minocin, Orbactiv, Sivextro, Teflaro, Vibativ, and Zyvox) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.