Veletri 2015 report
Veletri 2015 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2016 • 29 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Veletri through personal promotion in 2015 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Actelion’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Pulmonology, Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Interventional Cardiology, and Rheumatology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Veletri throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers/consultants for Veletri in 2015?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 30 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 800,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 5,000 paid interactions across 2,100 physicians made on behalf of Veletri were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 8 peer products (e.g. Adcirca, Adempas, Letairis, Opsumit, Orenitram, Remodulin, Tyvaso, and Ventavis) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.