Privigen 2021 report
Privigen 2021 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2022 • 25 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Privigen through reportable promotional activity in 2021 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy, Immune Thrombocytopenia, and Immunodeficiency Disorders markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does CSL Behring’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Neurology, Allergy/Immunology, Nursing, and Physician Assistant) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Privigen throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Privigen in 2021?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 580 paid interactions across 270 physicians made on behalf of Privigen were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 12 peer products (e.g. Cutaquig, Cuvitru, Gammagard, Gammaplex, Gamunex-C, Hizentra, Hyqvia, Nplate, Octagam, Panzyga, Promacta, and Xembify ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.