Nascobal 2014 report
Nascobal 2014 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2015 • 27 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Nascobal through personal promotion in 2014 to drive use within the Vitamin B12 Deficiency market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Par’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, General Surgery, Gastroenterology, Neurology, and Endocrinology) and how does this compare to the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Nascobal throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers/consultants for Nascobal in 2014?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 30 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 800,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 15,200 paid interactions across 3,000 physicians made on behalf of Nascobal were carefully examined to support our analysis.