MoviPrep 2015 report
MoviPrep 2015 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2016 • 27 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by MoviPrep through personal promotion in 2015 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Colonoscopy market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Valeant’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Gastroenterology, Anesthesiology, Colorectal Surgery, Internal Medicine, and General Surgery) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for MoviPrep throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers/consultants for MoviPrep in 2015?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 30 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 800,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 2,200 paid interactions across 1,600 physicians made on behalf of MoviPrep were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 2 peer products (e.g. Prepopik and Suprep Kit) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.