Mitigare 2021 report
Mitigare 2021 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2022 • 26 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Mitigare through reportable promotional activity in 2021 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Gout market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Hikma’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Nursing, Rheumatology, and Physician Assistant) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Mitigare throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Mitigare in 2021?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 2,630 paid interactions across 1,850 physicians made on behalf of Mitigare were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 2 peer products (e.g. Krystexxa and Naprelan ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.