Kybella 2017 report
Kybella 2017 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2018 • 28 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Kybella through reportable promotional activity in 2017 to drive use within the Submental Fat market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Allergan’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Dermatology, Plastic Surgery, Family Medicine, Otolaryngology, Ophthalmology, Internal Medicine, and Dentistry) and how does this compare to the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Kybella throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Kybella in 2017?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 42 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 900,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 2,300 paid interactions across 1,600 physicians made on behalf of Kybella were carefully examined to support our analysis.