Dificid 2014 report
Dificid 2014 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2015 • 27 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Dificid through personal promotion in 2014 to drive use within the Clostridium Infection market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Cubist’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, Family Medicine, General Surgery, and Critical Care Medicine) and how does this compare to the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Dificid throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers/consultants for Dificid in 2014?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 30 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 800,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 2,200 paid interactions across 1,000 physicians made on behalf of Dificid were carefully examined to support our analysis.