Alecensa 2019 report
Alecensa 2019 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2020 • 21 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Alecensa through reportable promotional activity in 2019 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Genentech’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Hematology/Oncology, Medical Oncology, and Internal Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Alecensa throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Alecensa in 2019?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 4,600 paid interactions across 2,000 physicians made on behalf of Alecensa were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 16 peer products (e.g. Abraxane, Alimta, Alunbrig, Avastin, Cyramza, Gilotrif, Imfinzi, Keytruda, Lorbrena, Mvasi, Opdivo, Photofrin, Tagrisso, Tecentriq, Vizimpro, and Xalkori ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.