Adacel 2015 report
Adacel 2015 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2016 • 22 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Adacel through personal promotion in 2015 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis Vaccine market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Sanofi’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Family Medicine, Pediatric Medicine, and Internal Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Adacel throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers/consultants for Adacel in 2015?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 30 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 800,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 11,600 paid interactions across 9,300 physicians made on behalf of Adacel were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 6 peer products (e.g. Boostrix, Infanrix, Kinrix, Pediarix, Pentacel, and Quadracel) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.