Xtampza ER 2017 report
Xtampza ER 2017 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2018 • 26 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Xtampza ER through reportable promotional activity in 2017 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Pain – Opioids market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Collegium’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Anesthesiology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pain Medicine, Family Medicine, and Internal Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Xtampza ER throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Xtampza ER in 2017?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. More than four years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 975,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 22,800 paid interactions across 5,400 physicians made on behalf of Xtampza ER were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 17 peer products (e.g. Abstral, Arymo ER, Belbuca, Butrans, Embeda, Fentanyl Patch, Hysingla ER, Ionsys, Lazanda, Levorphanol, Morphabond ER, Nucynta, Oxaydo, OxyContin, Primlev, Subsys, and Zohydro ER ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.