Xofigo 2016 report
Xofigo 2016 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2017 • 26 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Xofigo through personal promotion in 2016 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Prostate Cancer markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Bayer’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Urology, Hematology/Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology, and Diagnostic Radiology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Xofigo throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers for Xofigo in 2016?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 42 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 900,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 9,600 paid interactions across 4,900 physicians made on behalf of Xofigo were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 7 peer products (e.g. Eligard, Firmagon, Jevtana, Lupron Depot, Provenge, Xtandi, and Zytiga ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.