Xartemis XR 2015 report
Xartemis XR 2015 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2016 • 35 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Xartemis XR through personal promotion in 2015 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Pain – Opioids market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Mallinckrodt’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Orthopedic Surgery, Podiatry, Anesthesiology, General Surgery, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Plastic Surgery, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pain Medicine, and Family Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Xartemis XR throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers/consultants for Xartemis XR in 2015?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 30 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 800,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 2,100 paid interactions across 1,600 physicians made on behalf of Xartemis XR were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 12 peer products (e.g. Abstral, Butrans, Embeda, Fentora, Hysingla ER, Ionsys, Lazanda, Nucynta, Opana, OxyContin, Subsys, and Zohydro ER) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.