Xarelto 2020 report
Xarelto 2020 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2021 • 29 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Xarelto through reportable promotional activity in 2020 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis and Stroke Prevention markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does J&J’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Emergency Medicine, and Critical Care Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Xarelto throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Xarelto in 2020?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 134,700 paid interactions across 41,200 physicians made on behalf of Xarelto were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 3 peer products (e.g. Brilinta, Eliquis, and Pradaxa ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.