Vyvanse 2020 report
Vyvanse 2020 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2021 • 24 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Vyvanse through reportable promotional activity in 2020 and how does this compare to its peer set in the ADHD and Eating Disorder markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Takeda’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Pediatric Medicine, Family Medicine, Psychiatry, and Internal Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Vyvanse throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Vyvanse in 2020?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 20,200 paid interactions across 11,100 physicians made on behalf of Vyvanse were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 9 peer products (e.g. Adhansia XR, Adzenys XR, Cotempla XR-ODT, Dyanavel XR, Evekeo, Jornay PM, QuilliChew ER, Quillivant XR, and Relexxii ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.