Vivitrol 2020 report
Vivitrol 2020 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2021 • 25 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Vivitrol through reportable promotional activity in 2020 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Opioid Abuse market?
- How does Alkermes’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Psychiatry, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Addiction Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Vivitrol throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Vivitrol in 2020?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 2,400 paid interactions across 1,400 physicians made on behalf of Vivitrol were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 5 peer products (e.g. Bunavail, Lucemyra, Probuphine, Sublocade, and Zubsolv ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.