Venclexta 2019 report
Venclexta 2019 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2020 • 25 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Venclexta through reportable promotional activity in 2019 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, and Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does AbbVie and Genentech’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Hematology/Oncology, Medical Oncology, Internal Medicine, and Radiation Oncology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Venclexta throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Venclexta in 2019?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 6,900 paid interactions across 3,000 physicians made on behalf of Venclexta were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 24 peer products (e.g. Adcetris, Aliqopa, Beleodaq, Bendeka, Calquence, Copiktra, Daurismo, Folotyn, Gazyva, Idhifa, Imbruvica, Keytruda, Kymriah, Mylotarg, Polivy, Rituxan, Rituxan Hycela, Rydapt, Tibsovo, Vyxeos, Xospata, Yescarta, Zevalin, and Zydelig ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.