Veltassa 2020 report
Veltassa 2020 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2021 • 21 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Veltassa through reportable promotional activity in 2020 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Hyperkalemia market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Relypsa’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Nephrology, Internal Medicine, and Cardiology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Veltassa throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Veltassa in 2020?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 8,800 paid interactions across 3,300 physicians made on behalf of Veltassa were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 1 peer products (e.g. Lokelma ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.