Varithena 2019 report
Varithena 2019 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2020 • 32 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Varithena through reportable promotional activity in 2019 to drive use within the Varicose Veins market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Biocompatibles’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Vascular Surgery, General Surgery, Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Diagnostic Radiology, Internal Medicine, Interventional Radiology, Family Medicine, and Thoracic Surgery) and how does this compare to the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Varithena throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Varithena in 2019?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 2,000 paid interactions across 1,100 physicians made on behalf of Varithena were carefully examined to support our analysis.