Varithena 2014 report
Varithena 2014 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2015 • 31 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Varithena through personal promotion in 2014 to drive use within the Varicose Veins market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does BTG’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Vascular Surgery, General Surgery, Diagnostic Radiology, Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Interventional Radiology, Thoracic Surgery, and Phlebology) and how does this compare to the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Varithena throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers/consultants for Varithena in 2014?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 30 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 800,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 800 paid interactions across 400 physicians made on behalf of Varithena were carefully examined to support our analysis.