Vabomere 2019 report
Vabomere 2019 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2020 • 30 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Vabomere through reportable promotional activity in 2019 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Severe Infection and Urinary Tract Infection markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Melinta’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonology, Family Medicine, Podiatry, and General Surgery) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Vabomere throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Vabomere in 2019?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 2,900 paid interactions across 1,500 physicians made on behalf of Vabomere were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 11 peer products (e.g. Avycaz, Baxdela, Dalvance, Fetroja, Nuzyra, Orbactiv, Sivextro, Teflaro, Vibativ, Xerava, and Zerbaxa ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.