Symfi 2019 report
Symfi 2019 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2020 • 21 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Symfi through reportable promotional activity in 2019 and how does this compare to its peer set in the HIV market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Mylan’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine, and Family Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Symfi throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Symfi in 2019?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 400 paid interactions across 200 physicians made on behalf of Symfi were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 15 peer products (e.g. Biktarvy, Cimduo, Delstrigo, Descovy, Dovato, Isentress, Juluca, Pifeltro, Prezcobix, Prezista, Symtuza, Tivicay, Triumeq, Trogarzo, and Truvada ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.