Soliris 2019 report
Soliris 2019 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2020 • 26 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Soliris through reportable promotional activity in 2019 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome, Myasthenia Gravis, Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder, and Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Alexion’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Neurology, Nephrology, Internal Medicine, Hematology/Oncology, and Obstetrics/Gynecology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Soliris throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Soliris in 2019?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 16,900 paid interactions across 6,500 physicians made on behalf of Soliris were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 1 peer products (e.g. Ultomiris ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.