Sandostatin LAR Depot 2017 report
Sandostatin LAR Depot 2017 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2018 • 26 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Sandostatin LAR Depot through reportable promotional activity in 2017 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Acromegaly and Carcinoid Syndrome markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Novartis’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Hematology/Oncology, Medical Oncology, Internal Medicine, Radiation Oncology, and Gastroenterology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Sandostatin LAR Depot throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Sandostatin LAR Depot in 2017?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. More than four years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 975,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 1,000 paid interactions across 700 physicians made on behalf of Sandostatin LAR Depot were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 3 peer products (e.g. Somatuline Depot, Somavert, and Xermelo ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.