Restasis 2020 report
Restasis 2020 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2021 • 19 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Restasis through reportable promotional activity in 2020 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Ocular Inflammation market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Allergan’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Optometry and Ophthalmology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Restasis throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Restasis in 2020?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 10,000 paid interactions across 4,600 physicians made on behalf of Restasis were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 13 peer products (e.g. Alrex, Bromsite, Cequa, Dextenza, Dexycu, Flarex, Inveltys, Lotemax, Prolensa, Systane, Xiidra, Yutiq, and Zylet ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.