Provenge 2018 report
Provenge 2018 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2019 • 21 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Provenge through reportable promotional activity in 2018 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Prostate Cancer market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Dendreon’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Urology, Hematology/Oncology, and Radiation Oncology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Provenge throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Provenge in 2018?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 7,200 paid interactions across 2,900 physicians made on behalf of Provenge were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 10 peer products (e.g. Eligard, Erleada, Firmagon, Jevtana, Lupron Depot, Xofigo, Xtandi, Yonsa, Zoladex, and Zytiga ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.