Prograf 2017 report
Prograf 2017 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2018 • 30 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Prograf through reportable promotional activity in 2017 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Transplant market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Astellas’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Nephrology, Transplant Surgery, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Urology, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Prograf throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Prograf in 2017?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. More than four years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 975,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 200 paid interactions across 100 physicians made on behalf of Prograf were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 5 peer products (e.g. Astagraf, Envarsus XR, Nulojix, Thymoglobulin, and Zortress ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.