Prevnar 13 2021 report
Prevnar 13 2021 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2022 • 26 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Prevnar 13 through reportable promotional activity in 2021 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Pneumococcal Vaccine market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Pfizer’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Family Medicine, Nursing, Pediatric Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Physician Assistant) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Prevnar 13 throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Prevnar 13 in 2021?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 27,400 paid interactions across 17,290 physicians made on behalf of Prevnar 13 were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 3 peer products (e.g. Pneumovax 23, Prevnar 20, and Vaxneuvance ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.