Opdivo 2018 report
Opdivo 2018 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2019 • 25 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Opdivo through reportable promotional activity in 2018 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Bladder Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Head and Neck Cancer, Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Hodgkin Lymphoma, Melanoma, Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, Renal Cancer, and Small Cell Lung Cancer markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does BMS’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Hematology/Oncology, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, and Internal Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Opdivo throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Opdivo in 2018?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 24,700 paid interactions across 5,700 physicians made on behalf of Opdivo were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 31 peer products (e.g. Abraxane, Adcetris, Afinitor, Alecensa, Alimta, Alunbrig, Avastin, Bavencio, Cabometyx, Cyramza, Erbitux, Gilotrif, Imfinzi, Imlygic, Inlyta, Keytruda, Lenvima, Lonsurf, Lorbrena, Mekinist, Nexavar, Stivarga, Sutent, Tafinlar, Tagrisso, Tecentriq, Vectibix, Vizimpro, Votrient, Xalkori, and Zykadia ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.