Ocaliva 2017 report
Ocaliva 2017 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2018 • 17 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Ocaliva through reportable promotional activity in 2017 to drive use within the Primary Biliary Cholangitis market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Intercept’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine) and how does this compare to the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Ocaliva throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Ocaliva in 2017?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 42 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 900,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 5,200 paid interactions across 2,900 physicians made on behalf of Ocaliva were carefully examined to support our analysis.