Nucynta 2016 report
Nucynta 2016 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2017 • 30 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Nucynta through personal promotion in 2016 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Neuropathic Pain and Pain – Opioids markets?
- How does Depomed’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Anesthesiology, Family Medicine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Neurology, Pain Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Orthopedic Surgery) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Nucynta throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers for Nucynta in 2016?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 42 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 900,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 27,000 paid interactions across 8,100 physicians made on behalf of Nucynta were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 16 peer products (e.g. Abstral, Belbuca, Butrans, Conzip, Embeda, Fentanyl Patch, Fentora, Hysingla ER, Lazanda, Levorphanol, Lyrica, Opana, Oxaydo, OxyContin, Subsys, and Zohydro ER ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.