Neupro 2014 report
Neupro 2014 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2015 • 29 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Neupro through personal promotion in 2014 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Parkinson’s Disease and Restless Leg Syndrome markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does UCB’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Neurology, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pulmonology, Psychiatry, and Rheumatology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Neupro throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers/consultants for Neupro in 2014?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 30 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 800,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 6,500 paid interactions across 2,500 physicians made on behalf of Neupro were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 4 peer products (e.g. Apokyn, Azilect, Horizant, and Northera) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.