Myalept 2016 report
Myalept 2016 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2017 • 26 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Myalept through personal promotion in 2016 to drive use within the Generalized Lipodystrophy?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Aegerion and AstraZeneca’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Endocrinology, Pediatric Medicine, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Family Medicine, and Interventional Cardiology) and how does this compare to the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Myalept throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers for Myalept in 2016?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 42 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 900,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 800 paid interactions across 600 physicians made on behalf of Myalept were carefully examined to support our analysis.