Multaq 2021 report
Multaq 2021 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2022 • 24 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Multaq through reportable promotional activity in 2021 to drive use within the Atrial Fibrillation market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Sanofi’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Cardiology, Nursing, Interventional Cardiology, Physician Assistant, and Cardiac Electrophysiology) and how does this compare to the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Multaq throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Multaq in 2021?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 9,830 paid interactions across 4,230 physicians made on behalf of Multaq were carefully examined to support our analysis.