Lyrica 2017 report
Lyrica 2017 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2018 • 30 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Lyrica through reportable promotional activity in 2017 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Fibromyalgia, Neuropathic Pain, Pain – Non Opioids, and Postherpetic Neuralgia markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Pfizer’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Anesthesiology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Rheumatology, and Pain Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Lyrica throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Lyrica in 2017?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. More than four years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 975,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 164,100 paid interactions across 34,300 physicians made on behalf of Lyrica were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 5 peer products (e.g. Exparel, Gralise, Horizant, Nucynta, and Prialt ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.