Lupron Depot 2015 report
Lupron Depot 2015 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2016 • 31 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Lupron Depot through personal promotion in 2015 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Endometriosis, Prostate Cancer, and Uterine Fibroids markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does AbbVie’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Obstetrics/Gynecology, Gastroenterology, Urology, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, and Pediatric Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Lupron Depot throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers/consultants for Lupron Depot in 2015?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 30 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 800,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 42,200 paid interactions across 18,100 physicians made on behalf of Lupron Depot were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 8 peer products (e.g. Eligard, Firmagon, Jevtana, Lupaneta Pack, Provenge, Xofigo, Xtandi, and Zytiga) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.