Lotronex 2015 report
Lotronex 2015 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2016 • 22 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Lotronex through personal promotion in 2015 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Irritable Bowel Syndrome market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Prometheus Labs’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine, and Family Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Lotronex throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers/consultants for Lotronex in 2015?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 30 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 800,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 1,600 paid interactions across 1,100 physicians made on behalf of Lotronex were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 4 peer products (e.g. Amitiza, Linzess, Viberzi, and Xifaxan) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.