Locoid 2016 report
Locoid 2016 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2017 • 17 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Locoid through personal promotion in 2016 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Atopic Dermatitis and Dermatosis markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Valeant’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Dermatology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Locoid throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers for Locoid in 2016?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 42 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 900,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 1,200 paid interactions across 800 physicians made on behalf of Locoid were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 11 peer products (e.g. Alcortin A, Ceracade, Cloderm, Desonate, Elidel, Eucrisa, Neosalus, Neo-Synalar, Novacort, Synalar, and Trianex ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.