Leqvio 2021 report
Leqvio 2021 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2022 • 30 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Leqvio through reportable promotional activity in 2021 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Hypercholesterolemia market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Novartis’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Nursing, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Physician Assistant, Interventional Cardiology, and Endocrinology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Leqvio throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Leqvio in 2021?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 1,660 paid interactions across 1,440 physicians made on behalf of Leqvio were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 9 peer products (e.g. Evkeeza, Juxtapid, Livalo, Nexletol, Nexlizet, Praluent, Repatha, Roszet, and Zypitamag ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.