Lanoxin 2014 report
Lanoxin 2014 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2015 • 27 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Lanoxin through personal promotion in 2014 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Atrial Fibrillation and Heart Failure markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Covis’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Interventional Cardiology, Family Medicine, and Cardiac Electrophysiology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Lanoxin throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers/consultants for Lanoxin in 2014?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 30 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 800,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 500 paid interactions across 400 physicians made on behalf of Lanoxin were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 1 peer products (e.g. Multaq) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.