Kynamro 2016 report
Kynamro 2016 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2017 • 26 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Kynamro through personal promotion in 2016 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Hypercholesterolemia markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Kastle’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Endocrinology, Internal Medicine, and Family Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Kynamro throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers for Kynamro in 2016?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 42 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 900,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 400 paid interactions across 300 physicians made on behalf of Kynamro were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 7 peer products (e.g. Crestor, Fibricor, Juxtapid, Praluent, Repatha, Vytorin, and Zetia ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.