Keytruda 2020 report
Keytruda 2020 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2021 • 31 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Keytruda through reportable promotional activity in 2020 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Bladder Cancer, Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Endometrial Cancer, Esophageal cancer, Gastric Cancer, Head and Neck Cancer, Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Hodgkin Lymphoma, Melanoma, Merkel Cell Carcinoma, Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, Primary Mediastinal Large B-cell Lymphoma, Renal Cancer, and Small Cell Lung Cancer markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Merck’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Hematology/Oncology, Urology, Medical Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology, Radiation Oncology, and Internal Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Keytruda throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Keytruda in 2020?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 13,300 paid interactions across 4,600 physicians made on behalf of Keytruda were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 52 peer products (e.g. Adcetris, Alecensa, Alimta, Alunbrig, Balversa, Bavencio, Braftovi, Cabometyx, Cyramza, Enhertu, Erbitux, Femara, Gilotrif, Halaven, Ibrance, Imfinzi, Inlyta, Jelmyto, Kadcyla, Kanjinti, Kisqali, Lenvima, Libtayo, Lonsurf, Lorbrena, Lynparza, Mekinist, Mektovi, Mvasi, Nerlynx, Nexavar, Ogivri, Opdivo, Padcev, Perjeta, Phesgo, Piqray, Stivarga, Tabrecta, Tafinlar, Tagrisso, Talzenna, Tecentriq, Trazimera, Trodelvy, Tukysa, Vectibix, Verzenio, Votrient, Xalkori, Zepzelca, and Zirabev ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.