Keytruda 2018 report
Keytruda 2018 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2019 • 31 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Keytruda through reportable promotional activity in 2018 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Bladder Cancer, Cervical Cancer, Gastric Cancer, Head and Neck Cancer, Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Hodgkin Lymphoma, Melanoma, Merkel Cell Carcinoma, Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, and Primary Mediastinal Large B-cell Lymphoma markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Merck’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Hematology/Oncology, Medical Oncology, Internal Medicine, Radiation Oncology, Urology, Gynecologic Oncology, and Pathology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Keytruda throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Keytruda in 2018?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 24,300 paid interactions across 6,500 physicians made on behalf of Keytruda were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 24 peer products (e.g. Abraxane, Adcetris, Alecensa, Alimta, Alunbrig, Avastin, Bavencio, Cyramza, Erbitux, Gilotrif, Herceptin, Imfinzi, Imlygic, Lorbrena, Mekinist, Nexavar, Opdivo, Stivarga, Tafinlar, Tagrisso, Tecentriq, Vizimpro, Xalkori, and Zykadia ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.