Kanuma 2016 report
Kanuma 2016 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2017 • 26 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Kanuma through personal promotion in 2016 to drive use within the Lysosomal Acid Lipase Deficiency?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Alexion’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Pediatric Medicine, Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Family Medicine, and Endocrinology) and how does this compare to the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Kanuma throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers for Kanuma in 2016?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 42 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 900,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 3,200 paid interactions across 2,100 physicians made on behalf of Kanuma were carefully examined to support our analysis.