Imbruvica 2020 report
Imbruvica 2020 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2021 • 25 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Imbruvica through reportable promotional activity in 2020 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, Mantle Cell Lymphoma, Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, and Waldenstrom’s Macroglobuinaemia markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does AbbVie and J&J’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Hematology/Oncology, Medical Oncology, Internal Medicine, and Radiation Oncology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Imbruvica throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Imbruvica in 2020?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 9,200 paid interactions across 3,200 physicians made on behalf of Imbruvica were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 21 peer products (e.g. Adcetris, Aliqopa, Beleodaq, Bendeka, Brukinsa, Calquence, Copiktra, Folotyn, Gazyva, Kymriah, Monjuvi, Polivy, Revlimid, Ruxience, Tazverik, Tecartus, Truxima, Venclexta, Xpovio, Yescarta, and Zevalin ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.