Hyqvia 2016 report
Hyqvia 2016 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2017 • 32 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Hyqvia through personal promotion in 2016 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Immunodeficiency Disorders markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Baxalta’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Allergy/Immunology, Pulmonology, Internal Medicine, Pediatric Medicine, Infectious Disease, Otolaryngology, Hematology/Oncology, and Family Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Hyqvia throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers for Hyqvia in 2016?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 42 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 900,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 7,300 paid interactions across 2,700 physicians made on behalf of Hyqvia were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 7 peer products (e.g. Cuvitru, Gammagard, Gammaked, Gammaplex, Gamunex-C, Hizentra, and Privigen ) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.