Hyalgan 2014 report
Hyalgan 2014 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2015 • 33 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Hyalgan through personal promotion in 2014 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Osteoarthritis market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Fidia’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Orthopedic Surgery, Family Medicine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Rheumatology, Anesthesiology, Pain Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Chiropracty) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Hyalgan throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers/consultants for Hyalgan in 2014?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 30 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 800,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 1,000 paid interactions across 800 physicians made on behalf of Hyalgan were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 5 peer products (e.g. Celebrex, Duexis, Pennsaid, Vimovo, and Zorvolex) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.