Hizentra 2015 report
Hizentra 2015 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2016 • 27 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Hizentra through personal promotion in 2015 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Immunodeficiency Disorders market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does CSL Behring’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Allergy/Immunology, Pulmonology, Pediatric Medicine, Infectious Disease, and Internal Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Hizentra throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most detailed prescribers and top paid speakers/consultants for Hizentra in 2015?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 30 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 800,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 3,100 paid interactions across 1,300 physicians made on behalf of Hizentra were carefully examined to support our analysis. In addition, interaction data from 6 peer products (e.g. Gammagard, Gammaked, Gammaplex, Gamunex-C, Hyqvia, and Octagam) was leveraged to provide benchmarking and market insights.