Gattex 2019 report
Gattex 2019 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2020 • 26 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Gattex through reportable promotional activity in 2019 to drive use within the Short Bowel Syndrome market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Shire’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Colorectal Surgery, and Family Medicine) and how does this compare to the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Gattex throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Gattex in 2019?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, over 5 years of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 1,000,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 7,500 paid interactions across 4,800 physicians made on behalf of Gattex were carefully examined to support our analysis.