Gattex 2017 report
Gattex 2017 U.S. PROMOTIONAL AUDIT REPORT
Published July 2018 • 26 Pages
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Gattex through reportable promotional activity in 2017 to drive use within the Short Bowel Syndrome market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend on each type of activity?
- How does Shire’s depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Nephrology, Internal Medicine, Colorectal Surgery, and Family Medicine) and how does this compare to the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Gattex throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Gattex in 2017?
Data Sources and Methodology:
- MDDetails leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. Currently, 42 months of longitudinal data is available – covering payments to more than 900,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 11,100 paid interactions across 6,200 physicians made on behalf of Gattex were carefully examined to support our analysis.